Tips for Storing Lithium Ion Batteries
Nowadays, rechargeable lithium ion batteries are commonly used in cell phones and other portable devices. The batteries can be stored when they are not installed in a device, for a period of time without irreparable harm. If lithium ion batteries are stored in conditions that are too hot or cold, or without any charge, they may not be able to be revived when they are needed.
1. Using a battery charger that is meant for lithium ion batteries, charge your batteries. Lithium ion batteries had better be charged at least at 40 percent to avoid future charging problems. If you battery is completely power off, you need to charge it for about half an hour to get to 40 percent.
2. Find a cool and dry place to store your lithium ion batteries. Avoid storing your batteries in the basement, bathroom or other areas of your house that are or may be wet. Ideal temperature ranges for the storage of lithium ion battery are between 0 and 60 degrees F.
3. Refrigerate your batteries if you do not have any other place to keep them that is temperature-controlled. Remember to use the fridge part only and not the freezer, which can become too cold and kill your batteries.
4. Avoid placing your batteries in a drawer that is in direct sunlight for any part of the day. Lithium ion batteries may lead to explosion if they are exposed to extreme heat or light.
5. Take out your batteries and partially charge them or use them in an electronic device, however briefly, every few months. This will revive the charge and prolong the life of your batteries. A lithium battery slowly loses its charge even when it is stored.
what the good advices you have made here to make it run for a long .. and for the most good even you have to keep it restored for a while .. i am finding it worhy to be shared with many of my friend to spread the awareness
|All times are GMT. The time now is 3:37 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6 © 2006, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2015 PhoneForums.org