Here I'd like to share some tips to make iPhone's battery last longer.
Of course, the same tips apply to the iPhone as to the Android devices:
- Turn off Wi-Fi, or use 3G networks when possible. And if you don’t need an internet connection, stick only to 2G networks.
- Turn off Bluetooth. It might not consume much energy, but it adds up.
- Set the screen to auto brightness, because, as you know, the screen is the biggest battery hog of all.
- Turn off GPS, even though it is not used when in idle mode, when you launch an app that uses location services it will start running and consume battery.
- Even buy a iPhone case that has a battery extension or a external battery charger for iPhone. Although it might cost you the slim look of your iOS jewel, it will increase its battery life.
- Also, a good way to enhance your iPhone’s battery life is to use airplane mode more often. Especially in low coverage areas. Because when the phone searches for a network it uses enormous amounts of power. Also, at night you could use this feature and it will conserve some power, making your device last longer.
- Turn off the Equalizer. In your music player, the EQ forces the rendering of sound in a particular way (depending on what you set your EQ to). This consumes power because the phone is trying to give off more bass or treble instead of the flat sound.
- Also, if you have multiple email accounts, set your phone to check them less often. It will not connect to any servers and it will not give off any notifications. This will help you save some battery.
- Quit background apps. Despite Apple’s claim that suspended apps consume just a minimum of power, if you have lots of apps in suspend mode, it will add up to serious drain. Close those apps and you will see an immediate effect on your battery.
On its own, neither of these tips will make miracles with your battery life, but if you find a middle way, to make use of some of them, it will result in some visible battery saving. Although it will not make your iPhone last a week, a few hours of extra up time will be noticeable.
Hope more friends can share more ideas with everyone.