Mobile Phone Forums

Mobile Phone Forums (http://www.phoneforums.org/)
-   Phones (http://www.phoneforums.org/phones/)
-   -   Sagem Myc5-3 Battery (http://www.phoneforums.org/phones/41303-sagem-myc5-3-battery.html)

max 05-12-2007 11:27 AM

Sagem Myc5-3 Battery
 
new battery only holds it's charge for 1 day on standby. searched internet for possible cure, most sites recommend initial charge should be overnight or up to 14 hours. this phone stops charging automatically when battery is charged which is usually about 1 hour. is there a way to fool the phone to make it charge for longer or will that damage the battery?:o

Kirsty 05-12-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max (Post 50067)
new battery only holds it's charge for 1 day on standby. searched internet for possible cure, most sites recommend initial charge should be overnight or up to 14 hours. this phone stops charging automatically when battery is charged which is usually about 1 hour. is there a way to fool the phone to make it charge for longer or will that damage the battery?:o


How long have you had this battery for?

As the more you use the phone it will run your batter down.

However if its litrally just new then it could be a fault with the battery.

The first time you get a phone/battery then you should charge it for up to 24hrs.

So really how long have you had the phone and if you have been using the phone loads since you put the new battery in then i would say thats the reason why its not staying charged for more than a day.


max 05-12-2007 12:36 PM

Hi Kirsty. The phone is about 1 year old but the battery is new. I don't see how I can charge it for up to 24hrs when the charger stops within 1 hour. You may be right about it being faulty.

Kirsty 05-12-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max (Post 50085)
Hi Kirsty. The phone is about 1 year old but the battery is new. I don't see how I can charge it for up to 24hrs when the charger stops within 1 hour. You may be right about it being faulty.


How new is the battery tho.

For example if its a few days old then i would poss say there is defo a fault.

If its over a week or more old and you use it loads then its due to to much use of the phone.

Also do you have bluetooth on your phone as blue tooth is a very bad source of ways to run your battery down.

max 05-12-2007 12:43 PM

i have had the battery about 2 weeks. bought it as original off web. It has not been used a lot. my wife uses it in case of emergency when she's driving.
it does not have bluetooth.
The very first charge took about 1.5 hrs. the phone indicated that the battery was charged. is it possible to fool the phone into accepting a longer charge.

Kirsty 05-12-2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max (Post 50088)
i have had the battery about 2 weeks. bought it as original off web. It has not been used a lot. my wife uses it in case of emergency when she's driving.
it does not have bluetooth.
The very first charge took about 1.5 hrs. the phone indicated that the battery was charged. is it possible to fool the phone into accepting a longer charge.


No you cannot fool the phone into accepting the charge for longer. In this case i would think its a battey fault.

Other than that i cannot help you any further.

Unless you can try another battery in the phone incase it was to be a handset fault. But i would very much doubt that.

Sorry.

max 05-12-2007 12:52 PM

ok, thanks Kirsty.
I have a similar phone which is ok. I will swap batteries, if it works and charges ok. I will return the faulty battery to the supplier and get a new one. thank you for your help.

rondeytony225 13-12-2007 6:39 AM

Hey, i ;d like to tell you something,sorry to bother you!
 
How to make $1000 easily?
A.get it on the road when someone else drop it
B.borrow then refuse to give it back
C.find a job to earn $1000 in a week
D.go to gamemobile(DOT)com to get it while playing games joyfully.

Kirsty 15-12-2007 1:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rondeytony225 (Post 50775)
How to make $1000 easily?
A.get it on the road when someone else drop it
B.borrow then refuse to give it back
C.find a job to earn $1000 in a week
D.go to gamemobile(DOT)com to get it while playing games joyfully.


Hows about you go f*** and spam somewhere else!!! :mad:

lee 16-12-2007 10:53 AM

When the battery level shows full on your handset the charger then switches to trickle charging and steadily tops up.

Most handsets can be left on charge up to a week before it damages the battery,

Nokia batteries have a unique serial number on them which can be authanicated on nokia's web site.

Turn off app such as bluetooth etc when not needed as these are a massive drain.

Also weather conditions can cause the fone to work harder to maintain signal.

Temperatures can affect battery life too.

Its a fact of life now that because handsets ' do more ' they do suffer battery life issues.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6 © 2006, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2015 PhoneForums.org