The Steps to Rescue Your Wet Cell Phone Battery
Cellphones are designed to be portable devices so that you can carry your cell phone anywhere. During the lifetime of your cell phone battery, it may be harmed by liquid. If you can not deal with it properly, the battery may be dead at once. Below are the steps to save the wet cell phone battery.
1. When the cell phone battery is wet, what you need to do is to turn off the cell phone by taking out the battery. It is forbidden to press the “off” button. Otherwise, the additional water may seep into the cell phone and the battery, and damage the circuit boards of the battery, which are critical to the battery functioning. The possibility of that the battery will be damaged may be higher if you can’t do this step quickly. Take apart the cell phone as possible as you can. The back cover, SD card, SIM card and earphone should be removed and wiped carefully. Then they should be put under heat producers such as desk lamps, so that the water can evaporate soon.
2. Blotting the battery with a dry paper towel. By doing so, you will remove a majority of the water from the surface of the battery. Though paper towels can dry most of the liquid, they cannot get into hard-to-reach places on the battery, such as the connectors. These areas must be brushed by cotton swabs because they are compact and have a high absorbency.
3. If the cell phone drops into dirty water or corrosive liquid, it ought to be cleaned by ultrasonic and then be dried. All the cell phone components can be put into silica-gel desiccant or bheestie bag. Don’t use ovens, toasters or microwave ovens, or you'll regret it. Hair driers can be used under the low temperature. Some users think that putting the cell phone and the battery in rice, popcorns or oatmeal for two days can drain the water away, but actually it’s of little use. In addition, rice, popcorns or oatmeal may smudge the cell phone.
4. Put the battery back into the cell phone and turn it on. You will know whether you have sucessfully saved the battery if the phone powers on and functions properly. Do not attempt to power the phone on until everything is completely dry. If you do, you could damage both the battery and the phone. It is possible that your battery will no longer function properly even after performing these steps. If it is not OK, go to the maintenance shop.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|