How to Prolong Smartphone Battery Life
In recent years, smartphones are more and more popular. It is very convenient for us. We can use smartphones to do many things. However, it sometimes makes trouble for us because the battery power of smartphones are usually consumed quickly. What can we do to solve this problem?
1. Draining the battery power too often is not good. Some users think that draining a lithium battery will expand its shrinking capacity so that they usually completely drain their batteries. Actually, doing it too often may lead to the damage to the cell phone battery. It is proper to drain the battery completely every month.
2. Avoid ovechraging the cell phone battery. Li-based batteries needn’t be charged longer than necessary, otherwise it will cause damage to the battery as excessive charging causes overheat. If you usually do that, the capacity of the cell phone battery will reduce sharply.
3. Stop searching for the signal. When you are outside the service area of your phone, your cell phone will search for the signa constantly. Finally, it will waste a lot of power without any signal. So, you’d better turn off your cell phone if you are outside your service area.
4. Don’t turn on or turn off your cell phone usually if it is unnecessary. When the phone is turned on, the battery power will be highly comsumed. It is not good for your battery and your cell phone.
5.Switch off vibrate function if unecessary. The vibrate function can be used when you are in a place where ring tones are not appropriate or useful. However, the vibrate function is not necessary when your ring tones work well. The Vibrate function is one of the most energy consuming tasks your cell phone performs because it requires the battery to power physical movement of your cell phone.
6. Avoid playing games on your cell phone. Playing games on your phone will waste much battery power. It must run a program and constantly interact with your commands when you are playing games. If longevity of your battery is more important to you than entertainment, stop playing games on your phone.
7. Turn off unneceesary functions and softwares. When blue tooth, GPS or other functions or softwares are not needed, turn them off. Otherwise these applications will consume much power of your cell phone battery.
Thanks for this post I didn't know some of this and like a battery to last as long as possible.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Charge mobile phones less to prolong battery life - Indian Express||News||News||0||05-07-2013 1:00 PM|
|any tips to prolong battery life?||ninikins||Phones||6||22-06-2006 5:04 PM|